RIP Gary Speed

I was saddened today to hear of the passing of a true footballing hero, Gary Speed.




As a Leeds player he was instrumental in the First Division Champions title.
He played with passion and gave 100% regardless of which team he played for. 




I am pleased that my timeline on twitter is full of great memories and condolences. I know how easy some people find these times to try to be 'funny' or just post obnoxious messages, so thank you. 
It does show how well respected Speed was.

I was fortunate enough to meet Gary on several occasions and he was always a true gentleman. 
I am truly honoured to have met him and humbled to have been in his company.

I don't know why Gary lost his life, nor do I think it is for anyone to speculate. 
When someone takes their life, it's tragic for all those affected.

This document:

Twitter and social media guidelines for discussing suicide

was tweeted by Darren @MyLifeInLeeds earlier.

It makes interesting reading and I think most of it should be used in every day life.

 

Suicide is not a crime in the UK.  

People do not 'commit suicide'; they take their own lives.

 

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this terrible time. 


RIP Gary x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!