What Is The Matter And What Are You Going To Do About It?

1. Body – What are you looking at? What can you see differently? On a practical level, how is your eyesight and eye health?
I have actually just made an opticians appointment, for a contact lens check up. I have been wearing glasses since I was about 8 years old. I didn't need to wear them all the time but found it easier to keep them on than keep taking them off. 
I got my first pair of contacts for my 11th birthday and loved them. A great birthday present!
I now wear contacts or glasses constantly, I have poor eyesight without them. I recently (last year) upgraded to contacts I can leave in, which are amazing, being able to see on a morning without having to find my glasses!

2. Mind – How is your mental health? Are you stuck or if you think really hard, can you find ways to improve things for yourself? What can others do to help you?
My mental health is suffering at the moment. I have had a lot going on. I stopped taking my anti depressant medications when I found out I was pregnant. However after discussion with doctors, pharmacist, and psychiatrist, I decided the minimal risk to baby was better than me not coping and having a relapse, so I restarted taking one of them at the start of the second trimester of my pregnancy.
I have been taking them again for a few weeks now and hoping to notice a difference soon.

3. Spirit – What memories are you making? What would you like your legacy to be?
As I am currently pregnant with my first baby, I am hoping than will be a good legacy. 
Also following a recent blog post on Mum Bloggers Club, Helen Spencer told me of her site Save Every Step. It is a free website where you can lay out your memories on a chronological time line, and preserve them for future generations. Which I would like to start for my baby.
I have lost part of my heritage since my parents and grandparents are now deceased and I would like her to have some groundings.

4. Blogging – Do you think people miss you when you don’t blog? What can you learn from that?
I am still quite new to blogging, but from using social media (twitter, facebook, etc.) I receive messages if I don't post for a while, and that makes me feel valued.

5. Special Days – Valentine’s Day is a week away. Do you acknowledge it? How do you show love on that day or all year round? Who loves you?
Valentine's Day was never a major thing in my life when I was married. We met on 25th February and married on 25th August, so we always made sure we went out as a couple on Date nights on those days at least. It was nicely spread out, although that wasn't intentional. 
Now I am single, I can't say I am looking forward to it any more of less than any other day. Who knows may be I will receive a surprise.
Who loves me?  That is an interesting question and I have a few good friends that definitely do, but other than that, I don't know, so may be they need to tell me...

6. The Big Question – This is the challenge that is supposed to help you to reflect deeply. This week’s is …What good are you doing?
I am not sure about what good I am doing. 
I am currently working on various things for the O.U. Disabled STudents' Group, mainly website and forums. I have some great support from people who have lots more knowledge than me, so I hope collectively we are doing good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!