Halloween Card / Invite

Having (finally) linked up with Wendy at Handmade Harbour for Midweek Papercraft Party last week with my cheap weight loss tracker, I won! Woo Hoo!

This week's theme is Halloween.

So here's my entry:

I'm taking a quick craft break from studying, so it's a bit basic this week. 

I looked on Google for free Halloween scrapbook paper for ideas. I have used freedigitalscrapbooking.com before, so I looked there and found a really cute purple ghost one, from here.

Cute, right?
I printed it slightly smaller that A5, I trimmed using my cheap little cutter, I cannot cut straight!


I then glued to an A5 piece of purple card. I'm designing this as a card cum invite, but you could just use a piece of A4 folded in half for a card.

I created a banner using Word and Bleeding Cowboy font, saying Happy Halloween.
I printed and cut out, layering on top, although to be honest, I could have printed over scrapbook paper, but I liked the mix of purples.

I created a Mummy. I make a body shape in card, then covered it in strips of tissue paper bandages.
 


Next I created Daddy, (can you see where I'm going with this...?). I found a google image of a skeleton. I was going to use Mr Printable's Bag of Bones tag idea for create a skeleton, but couldn't find brads.



For Little Monster, I used a digital stamp - friendly Halloween trick or treat monster - from Handmade Harbour shop. I coloured him in using pencils, before cutting him out, and accidentally breaking his arm off. Oops!




I added my people to the card, labbelled them and added 'Come join us...'.




I think Mummy might have worked better as a print out, it's rough but you get the idea! :-)



1 comment:

  1. I love your card - and I especially love your mummy! I like how she's all wrapped up. Shame about the little monster's arm! Thanks for playing along at Handmade Harbour x

    ReplyDelete

Please do comment, for every one you leave, a fairy gets her wings!